XP HOME EDITION INSTALLER RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Where I can download Windows XP Home Edition ISO installer?, because I lost my SONY VAIO PCV-RS420 Recovery Disk and the recovery partition too. Please, help me, because I need repair my computer, the Operating System was destroyed by viruses.

I have three months trying to find a legal copy to download, but can't find it on the net.

Thanks a lot in advance...

Friday, December 27, 2013 4:05 AM

Answers

• Sorry, there is no download available for Windows XP.  Please contact Sony Support and request their Windows XP Recovery Disc designed for your Sony PC.

Carey Frisch

Friday, December 27, 2013 6:14 PM

All replies

• Rene

What service pack?

Is it OEM (pre-installed & came with the computer) or Retail?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, December 27, 2013 4:26 AM
  • As per my knowledge, Sony provides recovery disks along with the Laptops. You can use the same for recovery. Also, in some models there are inbuilt recovery options, and you can also format using the inbuilt feature.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 27, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Sorry, there is no download available for Windows XP.  Please contact Sony Support and request their Windows XP Recovery Disc designed for your Sony PC.

Carey Frisch

Friday, December 27, 2013 6:14 PM
  • Hi Wanikiya and Dyami,

thanks for your interest...

It's OEM pre-installed & came with the computer...Service Pack could be SP2, because I downloaded SP3 from Microsoft without any problem.

Regards...

Friday, December 27, 2013 6:52 PM
  • Hi Arnav,

It is true, Sony provide the recovery disk, but I can't find it. Some months ago someone fixed my computer, and deleted the recovery partition in the computer and for this reason, I can't use the recovery to default factory from the hard disk. I believe that this same person never returned the recovery disk too.

Regards...

Friday, December 27, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Hi Carey,

Thanks, I think that you're right, after long time trying to find a legal copy to download, the better step to follow will be ask to SONY if they have the disk available.

Regards...

Friday, December 27, 2013 7:13 PM