none
How to set contact information attributes on a Shared Mailbox with powrshell ?

Question

• Hello,

I created a sharedmailbox in Exchange online with "New-Mailbox -Shared" cmdlet.

I would like also to set the attributes "Company" and "Country" of this SMB, but how I do that ?

As for a user, I can use "set-AzureADuser" cmdlet, but for a SMB as I do not have an associated user, how is it possible without being forced to do it manually in the EAC.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:23 PM

Answers

• Shared mailboxes DO have a corresponding user object, so you can still use Set-AzureADUser. But if you want to do it with Exchange tools, use the Set-User cmdlet.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:18 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the answer, it pointed me to the right direction.

I was not able to use set-User on the SMB as I was using its email address to catch the associated user : SMB@Company.com..

However, as the corresponding user is automatically created with the SMB, its UPN is set with the local non federated domain @tenantname.onmicrosoft.com

In order to use Set-User, I have to use : SMB@tenantname.onmicrosoft.com to catch it.

• Marked as answer by D4t4center Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:11 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:11 AM

All replies

• Shared mailboxes DO have a corresponding user object, so you can still use Set-AzureADUser. But if you want to do it with Exchange tools, use the Set-User cmdlet.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:18 PM
  • Hi D4t4center,

Is there any update on this thread? If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 14, 2018 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the answer, it pointed me to the right direction.

I was not able to use set-User on the SMB as I was using its email address to catch the associated user : SMB@Company.com..

However, as the corresponding user is automatically created with the SMB, its UPN is set with the local non federated domain @tenantname.onmicrosoft.com

In order to use Set-User, I have to use : SMB@tenantname.onmicrosoft.com to catch it.

• Marked as answer by D4t4center Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:11 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:11 AM