none
Cross Forest SCP Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm setting up a new Exchange 2013 environment. User accounts and computers already exist in a domain (lets call it users.domain.com) and Exchange is installed in a separate resource forest (exchange.domain.com).

I have set the linked mailbox up and mapped it back to the user domain. When I open Outlook and it attempts the SCP lookup, nothing happens, no error just nothing gets populated.

I have run the Export-Autodiscoverconfig command and can see the SCP record exists in the user domain. The serviceBindingInformation attribute is set to LDAP://smtpdomain.com

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to troubleshoot the issue? 

Friday, February 9, 2018 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can anyone assist with how I diagnose the issue please?

Thanks

Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:21 AM
  • Hi,

How about check the network connection between two forests by Ping?
    Can you view SCP by browser in users.domain.com?
    Ensure it returns error 600, post the error message if not.
    Note: manually add the SCP record in Source forest (i.e. users.domain.com) DNS server.

More troubleshooting steps, for your reference:
    Configuration tips and common troubleshooting steps for multiple forest deployment of Autodiscover service

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.
    Monday, February 12, 2018 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

Any update about your issue?
    If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 26, 2018 2:25 AM