Created permissions to a folder, and now the permissions appear at the site level RRS feed

• Question

• I have a folder in a document library that requires special permissions, so I selected "Stop Inheriting Permissions" and then I selected "Grant Permissions".  I then granted a security group Contributor-level permissions.  I then checked permissions for this folder, and everything looked good. 

The problem is that when I check permissions for other folders in that Document Library, that Group appears to have permissions to everything in the Document Library, as well as to the Document Library itself.

What's going on?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is you stop inheriting permissions on the library and add unique permissions, that user or group will have "Limited Access" to the root of the site automatically.

Having limited access does not mean user has rights on the document library. Limited access is required on the root site because ,sharepoint has to access some system files/forms when user with the unique permissions tries to access the library.

So if  the access is set to "limited Access" you need not worry

Thanks,

Amit

• Marked as answer by Robert Galvin Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:29 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:39 PM