Autocad Electrical 2010 installation problem on WINDOWS 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, friends i am Haris i am a electronics engineer and i am currently using autocad electrical 2006 but as i want to install autocad 2010 electrical on my laptop having windows 7 64-bit operating system i am unable to install it, the problem occurs in the start when it gives an error which says that the current software will not run on this operating system , please give me a solution to solve my problem
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As AutoCAD Electrical  announces, AutoCAD Electrical 2010 has been tested and are confirmed as working in Windows 7.  I am assuming that you tried to install a 32 bit version of AutoCAD Electrical 2010 in Windows 7 64bit. Please contact AutoCAD for a 64bit version.

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards

Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:05 AM

All replies

• You must contact AutoCad to resolve your problem.  There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the software and it sounds like you may have the 32-bit version.  Windows cannot resolve software compatibility issues - the producer of the software must resolve this issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Chris Steding Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:50 PM
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:43 PM
  • Yeah, AutoCad is funny like that.  From what I've read and heard, the last version 32 bit version that would install on a 64 bit OS was 2008.  So I'd agree that you need the 64 bit version in order to get this installed.

Mike N.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:51 PM
  • Hi,

As AutoCAD Electrical  announces, AutoCAD Electrical 2010 has been tested and are confirmed as working in Windows 7.  I am assuming that you tried to install a 32 bit version of AutoCAD Electrical 2010 in Windows 7 64bit. Please contact AutoCAD for a 64bit version.

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards

Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:05 AM
  • Hi Haris

I am sure you are installing a 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine because that is the syntom.

Go on Autodesk homepage. request a ACADE 64 bit demo software to download.

register your name..

and use your passcode when you install the program.

This will work.

Good luck

Autodesk Electrical

Europe

Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:12 PM