ADFS 3.0 Production and DR design RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I have a production site with 2 x WAP in the DMZ, and 2 x ADFS servers in th eintenrla network. Firewalls etc all configured ok. We are using the WID on the primary, and the other ADFS server points to the primary. External DNS points to the production public IP address.

All is working ok.

We have introduced a 3rd ADFS server in our DR site, and it is successfully talking to the primary and pulled down the config. However, the WAP in the DR DMZ has not been configured, so I can't talk to the public IP address in the DR site. I am slightly concerned about any issues that may occur if I add the WAP in the DR site. I would think it should be ok, so long as firewall etc are ok, since the WAP would simply proxy to the ADFS server in DR.

(I am aware of having to do some reconfigure if the primary goes down, but that is not really my question.)

So, should I be able to add the WAP in the DR site ok, without any issues, and then simply manipulate DNS settings to switch between prod and DR () given that prod is 1005 up and not in DR mode)

Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2016 9:51 AM