registered name RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have windows xp installed on my PC. my hardware guy had installed it. if i see the properties i see its his name registered. should i reinstall the OS to change the name ??? please respond ..

Friday, October 14, 2011 3:12 PM

Answers

• okay if you want to change the registered name of your computer , it can be changed via registry. Please back up your registry before you do this (click start > run > regedit > file > import > save the backup with some name).

open regedit > locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion. now on the right pane you see lot of entries. There is an entry with name " RegisteredOwner". Double click it and enter the value data as your name. refresh once. now check your name will be shown as registered owner.

Regards, h9ck3r.
    • Proposed as answer by h9ck3r Friday, October 14, 2011 3:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by hopmaker Friday, October 14, 2011 3:26 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

• okay if you want to change the registered name of your computer , it can be changed via registry. Please back up your registry before you do this (click start > run > regedit > file > import > save the backup with some name).

open regedit > locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion. now on the right pane you see lot of entries. There is an entry with name " RegisteredOwner". Double click it and enter the value data as your name. refresh once. now check your name will be shown as registered owner.

Regards, h9ck3r.
    • Proposed as answer by h9ck3r Friday, October 14, 2011 3:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by hopmaker Friday, October 14, 2011 3:26 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:17 PM
  • it worked. will it affect my PC in anyway ???
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:27 PM
  • no it will not affect in anyway...
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:31 PM