none
Project server 2010 - How to eliminate timesheets for abesence time? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have 2010 environment. Recently one of our users came back from leave after one year of absence. When she went on leave, her account was disabled and it was reactivated when she came back. While reactivating, her availability was made 0% during absence period and 100% from the date she resumed her work. This was done be opening her account using Project Professional 2010. My understanding was this would eliminate timesheets for absence period for her and she wouldn't need to submit them. But unfortunately that is not the case as I can still see these timesheets with 'Not yet created' status.

I'd like to know if there is any way by which these timesheets can be eliminated so that user won't have to submit them.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Mayur Pode

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Mayur,

Once the calendar is updated, then timesheet page will have the grey backcolour (physically (UX)). Yes, you can still enter the timesheet, that is the feature of timesheet periods. Once you have closed the periods, then it will display "Period Closed" for all the users who haven't created the timesheet.

And as you said we cant delete/hide the timesheet, we have to handle this case in the reports, by checking whether the resource has created the timesheet or not (if not, then there wont be record for resource).

Sorry, there is no such feature to block the resource timesheet entry, if the timesheet period is showing "yet to create" message.

Thank you. Hope this helps you.

-SNKBalaji

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mayur Pode Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:43 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Mayur Pode,

So far what you have did is correct. Also you can add the exception date in the Resource Calendar for those period for the particular resource. So that that period will be considered as vacation (Resource calendar will override the Project and Tasks calendar).

It is the feature, that if the resource wants to update the Administrative time (Vacation)/hours into the timesheet, then it will be allowed from Timesheet Period page (by clicking the "Not yet Created") , the Timesheet Period is centralized one, and it can't be controlled in resource level with the given settings. It will be greyed out in the Timesheet page for those dates. Thank you.

Hope this helps you.

-SNKBalaji

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Hi SNKBalaji,

Thanks for the suggestion.

As suggested, I added exception time for the resource in Resource Calendar and yet I can still submit timesheets for the absence time period. Timesheets in absence period are not greyed. Is there something I'm missing here?

I understand that timesheets cannot be deleted/hidden for any particular resource. But that's exactly I've to achieve so that these timesheets won't appear as 'Not Submitted timesheets' during yearly closing.

Any suggestions how I can achieve this?

Mayur Pode

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:25 AM
  • Hi Mayur,

Once the calendar is updated, then timesheet page will have the grey backcolour (physically (UX)). Yes, you can still enter the timesheet, that is the feature of timesheet periods. Once you have closed the periods, then it will display "Period Closed" for all the users who haven't created the timesheet.

And as you said we cant delete/hide the timesheet, we have to handle this case in the reports, by checking whether the resource has created the timesheet or not (if not, then there wont be record for resource).

Sorry, there is no such feature to block the resource timesheet entry, if the timesheet period is showing "yet to create" message.

Thank you. Hope this helps you.

-SNKBalaji

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mayur Pode Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:43 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:49 AM