Files and Folders Tranfer RRS feed

• Question

• Silly though it may sound, I can't "Discover" how to transfer or copy a file or folder into another using the Windows 7 explorer!!!
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:37 AM Focus (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Just like legacy Windows. If it doesn’t work, please try to test it in Safe Mode and let us know if it work.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Just like legacy Windows. If it doesn’t work, please try to test it in Safe Mode and let us know if it work.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:22 AM
  • But I really can't find anything,like a command link to click. Something like "Transfer" or "Copy" as in the Windows XP for example. The only thing I can see in a windows 7 folder is the folder tree. Thank YOU, for the ready response.
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:34 AM
  • The highlight right click select copy / cut / paste works
    If you want the menu bar
    Organize--->>>Layout--->>> put a tick in Menu bar.
    You now should have the "text" menu (File Edit View Tools Help) 
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:33 AM
  • But I really can't find anything,like a command link to click. Something like "Transfer" or "Copy" as in the Windows XP for example. The only thing I can see in a windows 7 folder is the folder tree. Thank YOU, for the ready response.

Could you please offer a screenshot of Windows Explorer?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:37 AM
  •     O.k The question is tackled now. I still see the folder tree dn the left of a "Windows Explorer" folder, but i can move oe copy a file or folder from the "Edit" menu. In any case how could I provide a screenshot? I mean I don't see here any tool to do that something like a picture uploader for instance.
        By the chance I would have another issue: The Task Manager doesn't work prorerly and "refuses" to close some apps or Services, not all of them of course.
       Thank you again for your time
           Regards
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:20 PM
  • geophil3,

The Task Manager is designed not to let you close certain services, and many applications will hang in response to an End Task command - so long as you're able to end any listed process, you can rest assured that it is working as it should.
    -Alex
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:39 PM
  •    Yes, but I'm not talking about "Certain Services". I'm talking about services of apps failed to run. For example the ubiquitus uTorrent which I tried to test with Windows 7, made run its service but not the app itself. Therefore it was not possible to close that "useless" service.
        I'm also talking about services of apps that crashed.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 4:11 PM
  • geophil3,

Ah, I understand now - yet given that I'm able to run uTorrent under Windows 7 without any trouble, I suspect you've got got some other trouble behind the scenes. I'd try running a System File Checker scan by entering "sfc /scannow" into a Command Prompt. This will identify and repair and corrupted or missing operating system files. If that doesn't work, you could try loading your Windows 7 install DVD while the computer is running to perform an "in-place upgrade," as if you were upgrading from Windows Vista - this, too, will re-install needed OS components, and sometimes works where SFC fails. You may event want to use freshly burned media here.
    -Alex
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:43 PM