Backup and Restore RRS feed

• Question

• When I open up backup and restore in the action center using windows 7 I no longer have any buttons or options in the window.  All that is coming up in the window is the title "backup and restore" and then the link on the left side to go to the control panel.  Any help with this?
    Monday, August 30, 2010 4:39 AM

Answers

• Is the window proper if you directly open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore?

Is there any prompt in the window regarding setup your backup? In Windows 7 when you launch Backup and Restore the first time the window is different. You may see the following video.

Backup And Restore Windows 7 Operating System Part 1 (Tutorial)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:03 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:23 AM

All replies

• Is the window proper if you directly open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore?

Is there any prompt in the window regarding setup your backup? In Windows 7 when you launch Backup and Restore the first time the window is different. You may see the following video.

Backup And Restore Windows 7 Operating System Part 1 (Tutorial)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:03 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:23 AM
  • Wish I knew to. I saw it worked and stepped you through doing a backup like before. But the screen seems sparse without the buttons and other things. I think it has something to do with Action Center but I'm not sure. And am sure I would like to turn it back to the way it was. Any one know how?

• Edited by surfeagle Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:27 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Wish I knew to. I saw it worked and stepped you through doing a backup like before. But the screen seems sparse without the buttons and other things. I think it has something to do with Action Center but I'm not sure. And am sure I would like to turn it back to the way it was. Any one know how?

Unmark Arthur's reply unanswered (option not shown, leads another query).
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:40 AM