NTFS version upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• How to upgrade NTFS version of a server
    Monday, October 19, 2015 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Do you ask how to upgrade the filesystem's version? Keep the newest OS version and install updates released by Microsoft via Windows Update. There is no other way to keep the system actual.

My LinkedIn profile

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:13 AM
  • Hi Bala,

As Robert mentioned OS upgrade, should do it. You should not be worried about the FileSystem version as long as you are doing a supported In-Place upgrade on a server.

Its always best to install a fresh server and move the data into it.

Please let us know, the exact requirement for "upgrading the NTFS version ". What is the current server version you are into.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please“Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “MarkAs Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you ask how to upgrade the filesystem's version? Keep the newest OS version and install updates released by Microsoft via Windows Update. There is no other way to keep the system actual.

My LinkedIn profile

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:13 AM
  • Hi Bala,

As Robert mentioned OS upgrade, should do it. You should not be worried about the FileSystem version as long as you are doing a supported In-Place upgrade on a server.

Its always best to install a fresh server and move the data into it.

Please let us know, the exact requirement for "upgrading the NTFS version ". What is the current server version you are into.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please“Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “MarkAs Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:21 AM