Create App-V 5 package of EXACT Globe software RRS feed

• Question

• Are there known recipies of creating a App-V package of the EXACT 4.07 software ?

• Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:46 PM Please don't post questions to the App-V Recipes forum
    • Edited by pollewops Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

See this topic;

http://cloudsurvivalguide.com/sequence-exact-globe-microsoft-application-virtualization-sequencer/

Most likely - the process is the same. if it doesn't work - provide all details of what you have done, if anything deviated from the above process, what happens and if you have done anything which is written in the above posted linked

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See this topic;

http://cloudsurvivalguide.com/sequence-exact-globe-microsoft-application-virtualization-sequencer/

Most likely - the process is the same. if it doesn't work - provide all details of what you have done, if anything deviated from the above process, what happens and if you have done anything which is written in the above posted linked

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:38 AM
  • Did you get it to work with Appv 5.0 (sp2) Pollewops?
    I am having trouble getting Exact Globe Next 407 to work, it seems like an issue related to the Crystal Reports 2011 Runtime.

Edit:
    Crystal Reports 2011 Runtime is indeed the problem.
    Opening reports resulted in error: DEBTORSTATEMENT; CRAXDRT Report Error.
    You get the same error when CR2011 runtime is missing from the installation.

I found the solution in another post:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/5b6fa109-e2c4-48e8-b9eb-08367bc3528c/crystal-reports-runtime-13-not-found-in-sequence-on-appv-50-sp2-hotfix-5-client?forum=mdopappv

I changed the files path length in the MSI, and sequenced with Appv 5.0 SP2 HF4.
    Opening reports now works without issue.

• Edited by Easycure Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:39 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Age_R Friday, November 28, 2014 10:11 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:36 AM
  • Hi Easycure...we did not continue with this project.

It stopped and we never complete it.

So I can't help you any further...sorry.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:39 PM
  • Hi Easycure,

Do you have any kind of recipe or instuction for this? i'm struggling with the same issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 27, 2014 3:13 PM
  • i have an instruction for you:

however, this instruction needs some modification for it in order to make it work for appv-5
    I used the latest appv-5, i beleve that is sp3.

the problem is that the filepath of crystal reports is to long, so directly after sequencing you should shorten the filepath.

In order to do that you need advanced regedit ( search and replace function)

wat i did was in the program files ( x86) folder rename the paths:

c:\program files(x86)Sap businessobjects\crystal reports for .net framework 4.0\common\crystal reports 2011\

to c:\program files (x86)\s\cr\c\cr

and

c:\program files(x86)Sap businessobjects\crystal reports for .net framework 4.0\common\sap buisiness objects enterprise xi 4.\
    to c:\program files (x86)\s\cr\c\sap

then find and replace those values ( and only the values, not the names) in the registry

find:c:\program files(x86)Sap businessobjects\crystal reports for .net framework 4.0\common\crystal reports 2011\
    replace: c:\program files (x86)\s\cr\c\cr

then:

find:c:\program files(x86)Sap businessobjects\crystal reports for .net framework 4.0\common\
    replace: c:\program files (x86)\s\cr\c\

etc. etc.

when done you can continue sequencing, and done, it works :)

good luck, and if you need some help, just send me a mail to myinitial.lastname@gmail.com

With Kind regards,

Peter Huiskens

• Proposed as answer by JasperR59784 Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:16 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2015 11:08 AM