none
Inactivating a deleted AD user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

our Project Online system is automatically synchronized with the AD users in our domain. Now I have a resource who has quit the company, and the IT administrator has deleted her from the Active Directory (she is still visible as a Deleted User in Office 365 admin center). 

When I try to set her to Inactive in Resource Center, the User logon account field has a warning "Multiple entries matched, please click to resolve." (we have other users with a similar name). I don't find any way to disconnect her from AD sync, and if I remove the domain user in User logon account field, I still have no possibility to change the Display Name field, which is greyed out. Hence, I am not able to save the updated, inactivated user. Any tips?

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Currently, with Project Online, the resource does not automatically deactivate when the user is removed from AD. Microsoft observed that due to the unique security of Project Online, that their current method for handling this was causing issues for some users. No promised date for a fix. Meanwhile, you should be able to manually deactivate. I need to hear more about the error to offer more help. 

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Hello,

thanks for your answer. I don't know what more information I can give? But I tried deactivating a user today again, and when clicking the AD user account trying to "resolve the match", the deleted user was somehow possible to identify by the system (this sentence was probably not very easy to understand). So I was able to inactivate the user properly - problem solved for me, at least.

• Proposed as answer by JohnH4 Friday, November 3, 2017 3:41 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:20 AM
  • @Flemmy,

Thanks for your workaround !   I followed your process, and it worked for me too!

We have Project Online connected to AD with automatic sync.

When our system deletes the AD account, we cannot set the user INACTIVE in Project Online.  We see an error message under "user logon account" field:  "Multiple entries matched, please click to resolve" because the name in the user logon account is very wrong.

When I click the user logon account, I can still select the right one.  When I select the right one, the error message goes away, and I can set Account Status to "INACTIVE" and save !

Thanks again !

- John

Friday, November 3, 2017 3:46 PM