Order scorecard RRS feed

• Question

• Another question for the experts,

I'm looking to order the members in my scorecard alphabetically based on the name. The scorecard is created based on a link from another scorecard which populates the Row end point based on the formula <<SourceValue>>.children.

I tried an order by in the formula but haven't been able to get the data appearing how i'd expect it too. trying to order on a measure also seems to cause problems in that the members are re-ordered however not in the correct order based on the measure.

any help on this would be greatfully recieved,

Cheers,

G

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just to bring this post back to life...I have a similar requirement where I would like to order the rows in a scorecard based on the value of a KPI.  How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Mo

Mo
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:22 AM
  • You can do both of these.  The first one with the ORDER function and use of a filter link formula:

ORDER(<<SourceValue>>.children, [DimensionName].[HierarchyName].CurrentMember.name, ASC)

Would just need to make sure that nothing else was impacting the order based on other filter links.

And the second one with the TOPCOUNT and filter link formula.  Take a look at Nick Barclay's comment on Tim's posting here - http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/blogs/timkent/archive/2009/03/05/dynamic-dimension-members-on-a-performancepoint-kpi.aspx

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:26 AM