none
Windows Desktop Client for Windows Virtual Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I migrated our Remote Desktop Gateway at the end of last year to Windows Virtual desktop while simultaneously migrating from SfB via a 3rd party back to MSFT for Teams (including telephony). Supposedly Teams is supposed to work in WVD, but we cannot get the microphone to work. The new desktop client does not offer any settings for local resources (it pops up once and is limited, but you never see it again). If I remote into the machine via RDP (MSTSC instead of the new MSRDC), I can set to record from microphone and I can make calls in Teams via a remote machine (and quite clearly). I have seen mentions of using Citrix (which WVD is not), as well as modifying registry values for the client (although no mention of a setting for audio). I also see a config file (msrdcw.exe.config) that is XML in the folder with the client (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Apps\Remote Desktop). I know it is required to run the app, as I tried to run it without it being available in the directory. Are there modifications I can do to it to turn on the microphone in the session? If it works one way, there is no reason it can't work another. As we plan to expand this to beyond the occasional remote worker, it will become increasingly important. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Brad Boozer  

Team Lead, Systems Engineering and Desktop Support

Westwood Holdings Group, Inc.  
    • Edited by BBoozer Friday, February 7, 2020 11:03 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 9:14 PM

All replies