none
Can't attach Windows 2003 DC to DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having lots of problems attaching a 2003 Windows DC to DPM 2010.  I have been able to manually install the agent onto the server itself but when I try to attach it through the manager I get :

The user administrator does not have administrator access to the following items;  servername (ID: 271)

When I try to attach it through the Management Shell I get this message:

There is failure while attaching production server
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 : DPM is una
    ble to retrieve the configuration information from servername.
    At line:1 char:28
    + Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
       tion
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
       n,Attach-ProductionServer.ps1

Ensure that the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service is started. If
    the firewall is turned on, on sho1.pddom.local make sure that an exception for W
    MI is created

WMI is running and working just fine.  I have also read through a lot of documents with this same issue and nothing seems to fix it.

Thanks for you help

Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:16 PM

All replies

• What version of Windows 2003?  Standard/Enterprise, 32/64Bit, R2?  Has the server been rebooted since installation? What revision of Data Protection Manager 2010?

Kyle

Friday, June 17, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Sorry I got hung up on other things and had to forget about this for a while.

It is Windows 2003 Standard 32 bit.   It has been rebooted since I installed the agent manually but still hasn't allowed me to attach it.  This should be the revision number for DPM 2010:  3.0.7707.0.

Thanks

Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:54 PM