No sound after patch-cycle 13 august 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

After patchday the 13th of Augus 2013, no Microsoft sound is heard when the system is booting or rebooting, although the sound is turned on via the pictogram Sounds in the Control Panel. Before this date the Microsoft sound was working perfectly.

Any solutions?

Yours, 

Peter.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:50 PM

Answers

• I just installed all of today's updates on my system and my sound is still working perfectly.

I suggest you start by checking your speaker connections and then uninstalling the current audio driver and installing the latest version.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, August 26, 2013 4:46 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Hi,

Here there is a KB which about Windows startup sound problem, may be this can help you, please try the method it provide.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321735

• Proposed as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:35 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:27 AM

All replies

• I just installed all of today's updates on my system and my sound is still working perfectly.

I suggest you start by checking your speaker connections and then uninstalling the current audio driver and installing the latest version.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Hi,

Here there is a KB which about Windows startup sound problem, may be this can help you, please try the method it provide.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321735

• Proposed as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:35 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:27 AM
  • Hi everybody,

Thanks for your input!

The problem have been solved.

Regards,

Peter.

Friday, August 16, 2013 5:55 PM