Unable to Connect to our Website from Outside Network. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have no background in Servers, but I was tasked to set up a new ERP System and Website for our company. I am currently setting up the website portion, and I am running into an issue. I am a complete novice on this topic, and i thank you in advanced for the patience.

The local IP Address for the Server is 192.168.0.131, and the port for the website is 8081.

Port Forwarding is also set up on the router to this service.

I am able to get on the website from local network computers. When I try to connect from an outside network (Home or Mobile Device), I receive the follow error page:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

What would be the cause for this? Am I missing something?

Regards,

Tommy the Novice

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:14 PM

Answers