none
Modern Document Libraries Broken in SharePoint Add-In in Office365

Question

• I have an existing SharePoint Add-In that is in the Office Store. When the Modern Libraries came out, the app is broke and user's can no longer access the Lists. The views break and the settings page breaks. SharePoint Re-Directs me to https://mysite/undefined/_layouts/15/AccessDenied.aspx . -- Notice the /undefined  which should be a reference to the web my app is living on.

Before it re-directs me, it shows a couple other errors in the Developer Tools, but go away too fast before I can read them. So it is apparent the authentication mechanism in SharePoint Add-Ins is not working with new Modern Libraries (as it works with I go back to classic mode).

Is there a plan to fix this by Microsoft? Is this a well known thing?

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Beau Cameron,

Re-add the add-in from the office store to check if it can work.

And consider using the classic mode in SharePoint online.

More reference:

Modern document libraries in SharePoint.

https://blogs.office.com/2016/06/07/modern-document-libraries-in-sharepoint/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 19, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Hi Beau Cameron,

As I understand, the new design for document library brings you inconvenience. Some customization and features cannot work in new design.

There is a workaround. You could turn on the auto-detect.

Go to Admin centers->SharePoint->Settings->SharePoint Lists and Libraries experience->New experience (auto-detect). The SharePoint will automatically detect when certain features are being used, and then automatically return to classic mode.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

Differences between the new document library experience and classic mode.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Differences-between-the-new-document-library-experience-and-classic-mode-30e1aab0-a5cc-4363-b7f2-09e2ae07d4dc?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:51 AM
  • It is already on "Auto Detect". That is the issue. There aren't any features wouldn't be included. This is OUT OF THE BOX functionality. You cannot view lists in SharePoint Add-ins.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:00 PM
  • Hi Beau Cameron,

You could consider switching to classic design in SharePoint online. Some features and customization cannot work in new design in SharePoint online.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:29 AM
  • Hi Beau Cameron,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:31 AM