Word Merge - Print envelope RRS feed

• Question

• When I am printing envelopes from my mail merge documents I get not only the address but a portion of the left margin/picture. I have tried to re position the picture and anchor it, I have moved the picture upper right, Mid right - continue to get a portion of the picture on the envelope. Of course, it does not show up on the preview.  
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

It is needed to check the settings of Print first when the preview of envelopes is all right, but the printed envelopes are incorrectly, such as the Page Size and the Margins. Do they match to the layout of your documents? 

Whether all the documents with pictures have this problem or just the envelopes printed incorrectly?

If the problem only happens when you print the envelopes, you can print them as PDF files, or you can send the envelopes to other people. If someone else prints the envelopes incorrectly too, the envelope files themselves are problematic. I suggest you create a new blank document and edit the envelopes.

There is another factor to consider: the picture size is too big. You can compress the picture, and change the Resolution option.

If all the documents with pictures have this problem, you can run the Word application in Safe Mode (type winword /safe in the Run dialog), and try to print envelopes again. If everything is OK, you should check the add-ins and macros. 

If the safe mode of Word has the same problem, you can reset user options and registry settings in Word, there is an easy fix to download in the reference document to rest Word settings: How to reset user options and registry settings in Word.

You can also connect to the other printers and print the documents for test. In case the other printers print normally, you can try to reinstall the printer driver.

If you have any question or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 6:28 AM