locked
Single Sign-on Problems RRS feed

  • Question

  • I do not know if this a SharePoint or other issue.

    I have 2 computers for work: a laptop with Win 7 and IE9 and a Surface Pro 3 with Win 8.1 and IE11.

    Recently I started having problems with single sign-on accessing my SharePoint sites. I had to keep authenticating almost every time I checked a file in or out, and sometimes when just reading a file.

    As directed by my helpdesk, on my laptop I installed a program "IE Settings" from Microsoft System Center (do not know if this a standard MS file or something my agency created - I will try to find out more). That fixed the problem on the laptop. Unfortunately, the file was not compatible with Win 8.1 (my agency does not support Win 8.1, I am a guinea pig).

    What can I do? If it requires Admin access, what should I tell my support guy?

    Monday, September 29, 2014 3:03 PM

Answers

  • Hi John,

    try adding the SharePoint site Url to your Local Intranet Zone under Internet Options - Security - Local Intranet - Sites - Advanced.

    Andrei

    • Marked as answer by star.wars Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:47 AM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 7:27 PM

All replies

  • Hi John,

    try adding the SharePoint site Url to your Local Intranet Zone under Internet Options - Security - Local Intranet - Sites - Advanced.

    Andrei

    • Marked as answer by star.wars Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:47 AM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 7:27 PM
  • Andrei,

    Thanks. Those settings are locked down in my agency. I will pass this on to my help desk.

    John

    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:50 AM