none
Blocked email on exchange

Question

• Hi,

I am not receiving an email from one external address,  nothing is blocked on the filtering system but was stopped by the local account on exchange 2010.

Ran this command Get-SenderFilterConfig nothing is blocked on the local exchange.

End user getting Status code: 550 5.1.1  error.

Please advice on this.

Thanks

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:08 PM

Answers

• We don't use the edge server
    Thats fine. You can enable protocol logging on the receive connector on the Exchange Server. I assume its receiving the messages directly from the internet. Enable it on the connector that is used for inbound internet mail.

Blog:    Twitter:   

Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Hi Ms,

Welcome to our forum.

In addition to Andy’s suggestion, on sender sider, please use OWA login his mailbox and type email address manually instead of auto-complete to check if the issue persist.

For error 5.1.1, please refer to the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232118%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Welcome on Forum,

Are you using the any email filtering software i.e Postini, Symantec Email gateway, Iron port?

How is email flow works --> External --> Email Gateway--> Exchange Server? 

sachin hodge

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:39 PM
  • Hi Sachin,

not using any email filtering software with on premise exchange 2010. I can get external emails from different emails and domains but not receiving from one particular external email.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:53 PM
  • Ok Thats means email coming to your Exchange Server directly from Internet?  are you using Edge Server?  are sender getting any error while sending email to your domain?

sachin hodge

Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:31 PM
  • Not using edge server, End user getting Status code: 550 5.1.1  error.
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:38 PM
  • Not using edge server, End user getting Status code: 550 5.1.1  error.

Enable SMTP protocol logging on the exch server rec connector and see if it reveals anything when the message is sent

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124531(v=exchg.141).aspx

Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:42 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:53 PM
    Thats fine. You can enable protocol logging on the receive connector on the Exchange Server. I assume its receiving the messages directly from the internet. Enable it on the connector that is used for inbound internet mail.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Hi Ms,

Welcome to our forum.

In addition to Andy’s suggestion, on sender sider, please use OWA login his mailbox and type email address manually instead of auto-complete to check if the issue persist.

For error 5.1.1, please refer to the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232118%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:28 AM