none
Permission to delete resources? RRS feed

• Question

• Once a resource has been made Inactive, is it only someone with Administrator group permissions that can then fully delete the resource or can that permission be enabled for another group?

rgds

Steve

Friday, January 30, 2015 2:48 PM

Answers

• HI Guillaume, thanks, I just want someone to be able to fully delete a resource who is Not a User.  Is it the same permission?

thanks

Steve

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Friday, January 30, 2015 3:22 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2015 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

The permission "manage users and groups" is required to delete users. By default, only the admin group has this permission and you should be careful not to give this permission to other groups of users who might mess up your resource pool.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, January 30, 2015 2:53 PM
  • HI Guillaume, thanks, I just want someone to be able to fully delete a resource who is Not a User.  Is it the same permission?

thanks

Steve

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Friday, January 30, 2015 3:22 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2015 3:03 PM
  • HI, sorted now Guillaume, I have allowed that permission for the Resource Manager's group.  If they are not the right person to manage the pool then I am not sure who is! :-)

cheers

Steve

Friday, January 30, 2015 3:22 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Deleting a resource should be an admin operation. Note that if resource managers can delete a resource, they can delete users also, including administrators, which is quite dangerous.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, January 30, 2015 4:20 PM