network adapter RRS feed

• Question

• i have realtek enternet card in my notebook in device manager this a yellow triangle showing, when check to see what the problem is  I get an error code 10, but I cannot find a solution for this problem and yes I using vista business.

any help would be great
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 2:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

This should be a hardware related issue. Regarding the error code 10, it is a hardware error that most commonly means that you have a bad, missing, or incompatible device driver. So, let’s focus on the driver issue at this time:

1.    Please ensure that the NIC and its driver are all compatible with Windows Vista.

To check if the NIC is compatible with Windows Vista, please refer to the following site:

Windows Vista Compatibility Center

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility

2.    Please remove and reinstall the device driver.

1)     Click Start, right click Computer and choose Properties.

2)     Click Device Manager.

3)     Navigate to your Realtek NIC.

4)     Right click on it and choose “Uninstall”. If there is a check box “Delete the driver software for the device.”, please also check it and click OK.

5)     Please also go to “Control Panel – Program and Features” to check if there is entry for the device driver. If so, please also remove it.

6)     Reboot the computer and reinstall the driver. If there is a new version of NIC driver released on your computer’s manufacture or Realtek’s site, please install this one.

Considering the issue is related to the hardware, it is recommended that you contact your computer’s manufacture or Realtek for technical support.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:22 AM
  • thanks for the answer it was really helpfully

squeakie73
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 5:52 PM
  • Having a similar problem, only in my case its on a desktop. Got realtek  RTL8185 wireless network adapter, that stoped working on Vista 64 bit.  Updated to latest version of drivers, but still dosent work, getting message that there may be hardware/driver problem and ip4 and ip6 settings incorect. Basicly no wireless networks detected.
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:59 PM
  • Having a similar problem, only in my case its on a desktop. Got realtek  RTL8185 wireless network adapter, that stoped working on Vista 64 bit.  Updated to latest version of drivers, but still dosent work, getting message that there may be hardware/driver problem and ip4 and ip6 settings incorect. Basicly no wireless networks detected.
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:59 PM
  • Hi kaz31,

Thank you for your post.

Please understand that in order to avoid possible confusion and make our discussion clear, it is highly recommended that you post a new thread in our forum and we will continue to help you and provide some suggestions in the new one.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, April 27, 2009 4:58 AM
  • thanks for the info, just needed an updated driver
    Monday, April 27, 2009 9:55 AM