Windows Defender Security Center RRS feed

• Question

• I had this anti virus (Windows Defender Security Center) I turned off Real Time Protection, cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission. Now I cant turn on these things please help, Thanks.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:18 PM

All replies

• Windows Defender runs as its default settings,the only other is with Microsoft safety scanner..The scanner only last 10 days,plus it it includes kb890830 Get the scanner from link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:45 PM
  • Hi Midhat Zehra, 

Did you install other antivirus software on your devices?

The inability to turn on Windows Defender is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, Webroot, etc) came installed on your computer, Windows Defender will recognizes the install and disables itself when other anti-virus products are used to avoid conflicts.

For details, please check quietman7-MVP's reply in the following link:

windowsdefender wont turn on

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:53 AM