Windows Explorer Remove 'change or uninstall a program' Button RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to remove the 'change or uninstall a program' icon in Windows Explorer.  I have found a way to remove the map a network drive icon either by GPO or adding HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoNetConnectDisconnect"=dword:00000001

Sadly I cannot find a GPO setting to remove the 'change or uninstall a program' does anyone know a registry entry that will do this?  Any help would be great.   

Carl Smith MCITP-EA
    Friday, November 26, 2010 10:20 AM

Answers

• No policy for this.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, December 1, 2010 8:14 AM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:32 AM

All replies

• The policy is under

Users\Administrative Template\Windows Components\Windows Explorer.

The name of the policy is:

Remove "Map Network Drive" and "Disconnect Network Drive"

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 29, 2010 6:04 AM
  • Thankyou for this information but I am looking to remove the 'change or uninstall a program' button which is on the toolbar in Windows Explorer a policy does not seem to exist to remove this link?  Does anyone know a registry change to remove this?
    Carl Smith MCITP-EA
    Monday, November 29, 2010 7:32 AM
  • No policy for this.
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, December 1, 2010 8:14 AM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:32 AM
  • Is there a registry entry that could be configured for this?
    Carl Smith MCITP-EA
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:38 AM