Display IP Address in Collection view RRS feed

• Question

• Hy!

I need modify collection view to display IP Address, but i can't do it.
    I create a new collection from a custom query that includes IP address but the view don't show it.

The final idea is look/find (inside this collection) computers by IP and/or name.

Any ideas, how to do?

Regards, René
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:50 PM

Answers

• The answer (for clarity) is:

You *cannot* change what attributes are displayed in collections. You change a few of the default columns, but if not listed there, you *cannot* make other attributes, such as IP address, appear in the Collections node.

You need to do so through queries or reports, not the Collections node.
    Wally Mead
    Monday, February 16, 2009 11:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think it will be easier to create a prompted query. The IP address is not one of the default coloumns you can add.

This query will find computers based on IP address:

select SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses, SMS_R_System.ResourceId from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.IPAddresses = ##PRM:SMS_R_System.IPAddresses##

To find a computer based on the host name you just use the Look for field in any collection
    Kent Agerlund
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:32 PM
  • Hy thanks!

I already create my custom query with IP, but after i apply/associate the query to the collection i don't see the IP column in the view.

I try modify current view (view --> Add/Remove colmuns) but IP is not there.

My idea is use the "look for" field with "IP" or "host name" to filter collection and operate the specified computer.

Regards, René

Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Creating a custom query in a collection will not change the default coloumns that you can select in the collection. If you create a new query and paste my code you will be promted for the IP address. In the returned result you can distribute software, check inventory data etc.
    Kent Agerlund
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:58 PM
  • Kent,

Everything you said work, but in "query" not in collection.

I'll activate SCCM Console to my System Support Team and the idea is they look inside of pre-defined collection (with rights) to access to all CM features (remote control, inventory, etc.)

I can do that?
    (look for "host name" or "IP")

Regards,  René
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:24 PM
  • Hy.

My collection is:

"TEST IP" and available fields for "look for"

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8968/sccm1bu2.jpg

Query Properties for this collection is:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8753/sccm2hx5.jpg

I'll try to cusmotize View, but IP field is not available:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4227/sccm3uq0.jpg

Regards, René
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:47 PM
  • Hi Rene,

Your query will have no effect on the coloumns you can add to the view. What you want can only be achieved in a query not in a collection.
    Kent Agerlund
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:39 PM
  • The answer (for clarity) is:

You *cannot* change what attributes are displayed in collections. You change a few of the default columns, but if not listed there, you *cannot* make other attributes, such as IP address, appear in the Collections node.

You need to do so through queries or reports, not the Collections node.
    Wally Mead
    Monday, February 16, 2009 11:06 PM
  • Thanks Guys!

I'll have queries to display and search for Computer IP.

Regards, René
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:23 AM
  • You can customice SCCM and have a new overview with IP Address  :) it is quite easy following this blog post http://idanve.blogspot.com.es/2015/03/add-custom-column-to-sccm-console-using.html

Thanks Idan!!!!!

I just updated from 2012 to CB and I replaced the 2 .xml modifyed for this propose in 2012 version, and they do work in CB :D i included: IP, Subnet, MAC, Last Logon TimeStamp, Last Logon userID, OB GUID, Creation Date... If you want the 2 .xml files msg me and ill send em.

Friday, December 23, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Hi Maria,

Can you share the 2 .xml <g class="gr_ gr_42 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="42" id="42">file ?</g>

Thank You.

Regards,

Sam

wsamqi@outlook.com

• Edited by Wai Sam Qi Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:05 AM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:00 AM