none
How install a second instance of PWA onto a second site collection RRS feed

• Question

• So I have project server 2013 installed for one of my research groups project.cosalab.org/PWA. I want to set up another PWA site for another group in the building with the URL mirrors.discovery.wisc.edu. What are the steps for installing the PWA site into this second collection? Does it use the same database as the first PWA site? The first site is connected to a separate SQL server. I tried to create a new database for the 2nd instance of PWA and it said the schema was not a project schema...
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hi

No you need to create another web application using host header option. Provision PWA site with new Project Service database. While provisioning database will be created in SQL server. Are you using same app server with different SQL server?  If yes then you need to make sure that appropriate service accounts has been configured in SQL

No you can't share one PWA service db with different PWA site

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:55 AM