none
Update conflict in Search Service Application RRS feed

  • Question

  • Greetz!

    Our search is not crawling. It fails about a minute and a half after we start it.  We jsut go migrated over to SharePoint 2010 Enterprise. The domain user account has the right privileges and our topology is set up correctly. The following is periodically logged to our ULS logs:

    Application Server Administration job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (3dc9afcb-64a5-4931-9f66-f4f42bdc6776). 

    Reason: An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SearchDataAccessServiceInstance was updated by DOMAIN\USER (*** This is not the user assigned to Search. it is our Farm account. I associated the Farm account with the Search Service application but to no avail so I put the search service account back in), in the OWSTIMER (9936) process, on machine APPLICATION_SERVER_MACHINENAME.  View the tracing log for more information about the conflict. 

    Technical Support Details: Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyException: An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SearchDataAccessServiceInstance was updated by DOMAIN\USER, in the OWSTIMER (9936) process, on machine APPLICATION_SERVER_MACHINENAME. 

    View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.   
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize()   
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean isAdministrationServiceJob)

    I've not been able to view tracing info as I have no third party viewer and the one that is approved on codeplex can't be downloaded due to an error.


    Love them all...regardless. - Buddha
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:07 PM

Answers

  • In 2007 if this kind of issue happened you have to clear the config cache and its start working....

    For 2010 i think somewho its tru check this one:

    http://www.social-point.com/sharepoint-2010-event-id-6482-application-server-administration-job-failed-for-service-instance-microsoft-office-server-search-administration-searchserviceinstance

     

    hope this help

    thanks

    -ws


    Thanks -WS SharePoint administrator, MCITP(SharePoint 2010)
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, August 19, 2011 2:53 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:10 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • In 2007 if this kind of issue happened you have to clear the config cache and its start working....

    For 2010 i think somewho its tru check this one:

    http://www.social-point.com/sharepoint-2010-event-id-6482-application-server-administration-job-failed-for-service-instance-microsoft-office-server-search-administration-searchserviceinstance

     

    hope this help

    thanks

    -ws


    Thanks -WS SharePoint administrator, MCITP(SharePoint 2010)
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, August 19, 2011 2:53 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:10 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the reply. I'm going to give this a try and get back to you all with the results.

    Thanks!


    Love them all...regardless. - Buddha
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:14 AM
  • waqas105

    That solved my problem. Many thanks.

    Friday, December 2, 2011 1:09 PM
  • I ran into this error tonight for a customer but their problem was different. Their SharePoint Farm account password had been changed in AD, but not changed in SharePoint (tsk tsk...). Anyways this was made evident when the sharepoint timer service wouldn't start due to logon failure (when I attempted to restart it).

    In case this helps anyone.


    Sean Wallbridge, SharePoint MVP | Victoria, BC | On The Web: http://www.itgroove.net | Blog: http://blog.brainlitter.com

    Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:44 AM