none
DPM mail recovery with Powershell script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to perform a restore mailbox data to a folder location by following with procedure:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/dataprotectionmanager/restore-dpmrecoverableitem?view=systemcenter-ps-2016

I believe the problem lies in the command line, probably the ones in bold?>

$ROption = New-DPMRecoveryOption -HyperVDatasource -TargetServer "HVDCenter02" -RecoveryLocation AlternateHyperVServer -RecoveryType Recover -TargetLocation "C:\Recovery"

My setup is as follows.

• DPM 2016 server is hosted on a VM together with the SQL database.
    • Mailbox datasource to recover from is on an Exchange server.
    • Recovery location is the DPM server on C:\Recovery

When i run the restore command i get the following error:

Restore-DPMRecoverableItem : The specified recovery options are not valid.(ID:31095)

Check the parameters that you are passing to the cmdlet and ensure that these p arameters correspond to the data source type that you are attempting to recover.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Regards Peter

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:04 AM

Answers

• House Keeping - closing old post.

I believe this should work based on New-RecoveryOption documentation HERE.

$Roption = New-RecoveryOption -TargetServer Servername -Exchange CopyToFolder -TargetLocation "c:\temp"  -RecoveryType Restore -ExchangeOperationType NoOperation

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 3, 2020 6:07 PM