none
Yearly backups created incorrectly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having yearly backups created incorrectly for the last few months. This was a fresh install of DPM2010 with the Nov-2010 hotfix rollup. Long retention is set to 4 weeks (1am Sat), 12 months (1am Day-1), 7 years (1am Jan-1), but for some reason when the monthly is occuring we are also getting duplicate jobs for a yearly backup. Then either the monthly or the yearly fails due to both trying to run at the same time. A few days out from the end of February I looked for schedule tape jobs and could only see the monthly jobs, but at some later point it must have created yearly jobs.

Has anyone else experienced this ? Quite annoying that my monthly tapes will now be marked as offsite for 7 years. I will probably have to manually erase and put on a different bar code.

Thanks

Monday, March 7, 2011 4:45 AM

Answers

• Has anyone else experienced this ?

Yes, I had the same. I created the tape jobs new and now it works.

(BTW: It annoys me that when you change only a minor thing with the tape jobs the start time jumps to 11pm (23.00). What is this good for? probably nothing)

• Marked as answer by Mick377_1 Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:29 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:05 AM

All replies

• Has anyone else experienced this ?

Yes, I had the same. I created the tape jobs new and now it works.

(BTW: It annoys me that when you change only a minor thing with the tape jobs the start time jumps to 11pm (23.00). What is this good for? probably nothing)

• Marked as answer by Mick377_1 Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:29 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 8:05 AM
  • Thanks.

I did modify protection group, deselected long term, ... then modified again and put it back in again.

Fingers crossed for end of March backup ....

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:30 AM