Windows 7 wont wake up after sleep mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I'm having this problem with windows 7.

Every time the PC go into sleep mode I cant wake it, I used to wake it by clicking on the mouse now even that wont help I must turn the whole electricity down then turn my computer back up

all dirvers and updates are up to date

thanks.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:29 PM

All replies

• Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post
    If you have updated to win 8.1 and you get the error message "the system cannot find the file specified" it is a known problem.  The work around is to edit the registry.  If you are not comfortable doing this DONT.  If you are, backup the key before you do
    Press Win+"R" and input regedit

Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels. Delete "Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic"

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, February 1, 2014 5:20 PM
  • Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post
    If you have updated to win 8.1 and you get the error message "the system cannot find the file specified" it is a known problem.  The work around is to edit the registry.  If you are not comfortable doing this DONT.  If you are, backup the key before you do
    Press Win+"R" and input regedit

Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels. Delete "Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic"

how do I get verified so I can send you a link

thank you

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:40 PM
  • If you are being told you cant post a link, or embed a picture (or any other restriction) you just need to post to this thread saying your account has not been validated
    Look for the verify your account thread that is stuck to the top of the page.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:52 PM
  • Please go to "Device Manager" under Device Manager. click on 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'. you will see a list of 'USB Root Hub'. Right-click the top one of these and select 'Properties'. Click on the Power Management tab, un-tick where it says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and click 'OK'. repeat this action on the other 'USB Root Hub' items in the list. is your USB mouse able to re-awake your computer now?

Meanwhile, please update your BIOS and chipest drivers, you can visit the manufacture website.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:54 AM
  • Please go to "Device Manager" under Device Manager. click on 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'. you will see a list of 'USB Root Hub'. Right-click the top one of these and select 'Properties'. Click on the Power Management tab, un-tick where it says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and click 'OK'. repeat this action on the other 'USB Root Hub' items in the list. is your USB mouse able to re-awake your computer now?

Meanwhile, please update your BIOS and chipest drivers, you can visit the manufacture website.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Here is my my file

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=83FC60762A031F9D!227&authkey=!ALWon4aB8bANHwY&ithint=file%2c.zip

and yes I tried setting them like you said and still my mouse wasn't able to wake up the system I had to pull electric cable from back of the chassis and press power button 15 sec then plug it back in in order to let my pc go up

• Edited by SnakeBiTes Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:47 AM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:42 AM
  • SB

I suspect that this problem is Related to atikmdag.sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Drive.  There are many of these errors in event viewer.  I would install the newest driver available from ATI/AMD (don't use the device manager update)

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Friday, February 14, 2014 2:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:12 PM
  • Hello good sir,

sorry for late reply,

as I tried to figure out what is the problem I did uninstall and reinstall my graphic drivers downloaded directly from ATI/AMD website

still didn't solve it yet :/

thank you.

• Edited by SnakeBiTes Friday, February 14, 2014 9:21 AM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 9:18 AM
  • SB

Time to run a video stress test

Try this free video stress test:  http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
    FurMark Setup:

- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
    - In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
    Click "Go" to start the test
    - Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first)
    - Click "Quit" to exit

Friday, February 14, 2014 2:19 PM
  • i did the test it was maxed out and reached temp 72C comp didn't crash or restart or had any problem
    Friday, February 14, 2014 3:57 PM
  • Try this: Set Windows sound scheme to 'NO SOUNDS' My theory is the PC shuts down and or goes into sleep mode before the Graphics card gets a chance to 'power off'  leaving it in a Limbo state.
    Friday, February 14, 2014 9:37 PM