microsoft oledb connection visual foxpro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, i am trying to move data from visual fox pro dbf file to sql 2005 using ssis 2005 to achieve this i have downloaded 

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro 9.0"

driver, but when i used this connection its giving me some alert for codepage

and when i try to run package it is throwing me connection manager error like below.

[OLE DB Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. 
    The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "FoxProConnection" failed with error code 0xC0202009. 
    There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

[Connection manager "FoxProConnection"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. 
    An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040154. An OLE DB record is available. 
    Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" 
    Hresult: 0x80040154  Description: "Class not registered".

Any suggetions on this.

Monday, October 10, 2011 10:56 PM

All replies

• Are you running this in bids or have you deployed it?

Did you install the foxpro driver on your ssis server? The class not registered error screams missing ocx/dll

Oh yeah, from what I remember of my foxpro migrations the default codepage is 1252 so try using that in your connection (or load up the tables in foxpro and see what codepage they're using)

• Edited by jakubk Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:04 AM
  • thanks Jakubk,

let me try this code page. and also now package is running, as when i changed run in 64 bit to false. i am not getting any connection error.

and data got transferred as well , but it looks like junk data.

i believe this is because of code page error. i'll let you know if this code page works or not.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:30 PM
  • hi code page 1252 did not wok for me and when it transfer data for numeric it transfer junk data.

any other work around on this.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:36 PM