Filter Functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to ProClarity and have version 6.3.  I'm sure this question is elementary with regard to the fuctionality of ProClarity but I wasn't successful at finding this out anywhere else!   When clicking into the filter icon (for measures) display box, under Filter 1 when something other than No Filter is selected (say Top (count)) the text Based on with two drop down boxes are displayed.  I have only been able to access values in the drop down box which is on the right hand side of the filter display box that contains the measures available from the cube.  When and what prompts the 1st (or left drop down box) to be activated?  Currently it is greyed out.  I have tested created measures in my items, shared items to no avail.

Monday, January 12, 2009 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hello Cyndy,

I tried to reproduce your problem.
    I get a gray box when I have nothing other than a measure in column. Have you tried to put an attribute (not only a measure) in column?
    • Proposed as answer by Amélie ANNE Monday, January 12, 2009 11:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben.Scott Monday, January 12, 2009 11:46 PM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hello Cyndy,

I tried to reproduce your problem.
    I get a gray box when I have nothing other than a measure in column. Have you tried to put an attribute (not only a measure) in column?
    • Proposed as answer by Amélie ANNE Monday, January 12, 2009 11:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben.Scott Monday, January 12, 2009 11:46 PM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 5:59 PM
  • You found what I was looking for!  Now I understand the usage of that filter box.

Thanks!
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:19 PM