C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found RRS feed

• Question

• What does this mean:  C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found, and how can I resolve it?

I usually see it on start up  after "sleep".

Thanks

Saturday, January 24, 2015 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi TedRayWesty,

When your computer “wake up” from “sleep” mode, the RAM will be able to respond to a wake-up event and calling files for program. There might be a calling failure. I searched about your temp folder name and the temp file name and seems like it is not a system file and it is called by some third party software.

Try following steps to resolve your issue

Please perform a clean boot and see if the issue still persist.

Check the other contents in ScrC777.temp folder see if you could identify the software.(seems like some Security Software or Anti-Spyware)

Uninstall it and delete the temp folder see what happens.

About clean boot in Windows 7

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards

• Proposed as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, February 6, 2015 3:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:31 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hi TedRayWesty,

When your computer “wake up” from “sleep” mode, the RAM will be able to respond to a wake-up event and calling files for program. There might be a calling failure. I searched about your temp folder name and the temp file name and seems like it is not a system file and it is called by some third party software.

Try following steps to resolve your issue

Please perform a clean boot and see if the issue still persist.

Check the other contents in ScrC777.temp folder see if you could identify the software.(seems like some Security Software or Anti-Spyware)

Uninstall it and delete the temp folder see what happens.

About clean boot in Windows 7

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards

• Proposed as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, February 6, 2015 3:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:31 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:13 AM
  • Good day,

I have the same issue. I do put my Windows 7 laptop to "sleep" a lot but hadn't made the connection between the two events until I read your Question.

What I can tell you is it is related to the ABBYY FineReader software that came with my Epson Workforce 3520 printer to manage scans and some other functions. This error still happens even after I repaired ABBYY but the error is more of a nuisance to me than anything else. I have regularly deleted these non-active "scr" directories and have not noticed any software or hardware malfunctions. The scr directory seems to be recreated even if I don't scan or print meaning I can't delete the current day's directory.

Note: I often go through my "User\AppData\Local\Temp" folder to get rid of "temp" files many programs these days do not self delete when the process is completed (this is a major pet peeve of mine, but anyway...).

I will keep an eye out to see if it happens from a cold/warm boot or only after Sleep mode.

Monday, February 22, 2016 12:47 PM
  • I was getting this message (FRBatch.pac not found).  It was from ABBYY Fine Reader . 

I did a repair install on ABBYY FineReader in Programs and Features  and that seems to have taken care of the message.   Now my screen shot reader function works  (converted text to clipboard)

My OS is Windows 10

• Proposed as answer by jjohns1043 Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:44 AM
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 1:45 PM