IIS7 Installation on Vista Ultimate is not running RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded to Vista Ultimate from Xp.

Since that upgrading I have never been able to access the local webservice.

It returns various errors but is clearly not running.

Research on the web indicates that this behavior has been observed by many people and that it is caused by the fact that IIS6 was installed and running on Xp. To the best of my knowledge there was no warning to un-install it before the upgrade.

I applied the Vista Sp1 hoping that some fix had been made to a Vista bug. After the upgrade I still cannot get the IIS7 to run.

Before the Sp1 upgrade I tried to un-install the IIS7 repeadedly. It could not be removed. After the re-boot all the entries would remain checked.

After the Sp1 installation I was able to un-install the IIS7 BUT now I cannot get it to re-install. It reports an error but gives no further information.

I must get IIS7 to run. For one thing I need it to develop Silverlight applications (not wanting to just use the Vs2008 webserver).

Any help would be appreciated.

--

John Olbert

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:08 PM

Answers

• Try the following:

1. Click Start, type services in the Search box, and then click Services under Programs.
    2. Locate and then double-click World Wide Web Publishing Service in the list of services.
    3. On the General tab, click Start under Service status.
    4. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click OK.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:39 PM