none
Find task's summary task (or finding task by UID) when created via PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm new here, hope you can help me :)

I'm trying to get some query return some results to me. We had a solution that brings summary task name along with tasks. But in some cases it doesn't find that summary task. I can't manage to find out what's exactly is happening.

For example:

select * from MSP_TIMESHEETTASKwhere TaskName = 'Some task'

I get ParentTaskNameUID and then filter MSP_TIMESHEETTASK again by TaskNameUID, but then to find nothing.

When I filter MSP_EpmTask_UserView, I can't even find TaskName = 'Some task'!

What is more, it is not possible to retrieve task's path inside PWA. Then I think it could be some misconfiguration in EPM/PWA itself.

These tasks are usually created inside PWA by the person assigned, then later it is approved by project owner.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.

Would you mind marking as answer or vote as helpful, please? It helps getting the community better.

twitter.com/awerlang
    ProgrammerNotFound.blogspot.com

Monday, June 4, 2012 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi there--

just a quick question, After the task was approved by project manager, did She/he publish the project plan? If yes, was the Reporting sync job successful?

Did project manager update the task name after approving? You may not see the same name if the timesheet is created alreay & then the task name was changed. Since  timesheet is snapshot of the task assignments when it is created.

Instead of Name, did you try to look for the TaskUID?

select et.TaskIndex, t.TaskUID, t.ParentTaskNameUID, t.TaskName
     from MSP_TimesheetTask t
     JOIN MSP_EpmTask et
     ON et.TaskUID = t.TaskUID
    Please let us know the result, we will try to help.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Hi Amit.

Yes, some projects are published by PM, including the project in question.

No, we don't usually rename tasks, and in this case it was not renamed.

I've run your SELECT, the task is found in MSP_TimesheetTask but not in MSP_EpmTask. This must be related to the fact that tasks created in Project 2007 (I forgot to mention the version) don't show this problem. It happens with, apparently, _some_ tasks created in PWA. Unfortunately we were unable to discover what differs among these situations.

I'll try to discover about Reporting sync job.

Thank you Amit and look forward for your comments, it has been helpful already to better understand the problem.

Regards

Would you mind marking as answer or vote as helpful, please? It helps getting the community better.

twitter.com/awerlang

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:16 PM
  • Hi

We haven't found a job specific to reporting database among other EPM jobs. Where we should find it?

Another thing is that it is not possible to retrieve task's path inside PWA. Say, in timesheet when I click over a task, it would show a path, but for some tasks it doesn't. Then I think it could be some misconfiguration in EPM/PWA itself.

Regards,

twitter.com/awerlang

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:53 AM