Digitalpersona password manager wizard of ver 2.0 for Microsoft Fingerprint Reader can't locate *.PMD file for export? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am already contributing to the lack of Vista 64-bit drivers for the above Microsoft Fingerprint Reader here but in the meantime trying to implement functionality in the Vista 32 bit supported OS is also proving frustrating.

First up if you try to ask Digital Persona software developers for the version 2 sw any questions in technical support they just redirect you to Microsoft who currently, as far as my every night efforts have so far determined, not supporting this product! So this leaves me coming back to this trusted forum.

As my subject highlights I am now in search of the elusive .PMD file for export from one Vista 32 bit PC to my brand-new laptop also with Vista 32 bit which this software is fully compatible with. You would think this would make it easy when you go to the Password manager import/export Wizard who are greeted with a browse window that dosn't even point to the source file location on the export PC you are exporting from!

Google has has proved fruitless so I'm hoping somebody can help me here. Any help appreciated.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before moving on, I would like to let you know DigitalPersona’s Password Manager software is a component of Microsoft’s Fingerprint Reader products. And we are not familiar with Microsoft Hardware Products. It is recommended that you post the issue in Microsoft Hardware Products Discussions Group. They mainly focus on Microsoft Hardware Products question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read it can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Friday, December 5, 2008 9:22 AM