none
Project Server/PWA 2010 WSS Error Message associated with Risks and Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I’m receiving a WSS error message when a user logs a Risk or Issue. However, if I log in as the administrator and create a Risk or Issue, there are no WSS error messages. I’ve verified that none of the common modifications listed below were done.

Error Message:

• ReportingWSSSyncMessageFailed        <error        id="24018" name="ReportingWssSyncListFailed"        uid="3a6f9691-0276-45e8-ac8d-b002885dd441"        SPListType="2ef1d826-e815-45fb-81cf-a5e64270387d"        Error="1101" />

</class>

<class name="Reporting message processor failed">

• ReportingWSSSyncMessageFailed        <error        id="24016"        name="ReportingWSSSyncMessageFailed"        uid="bcac81ba-3535-4882-a1f1-13e86f444c83"        QueueMessageBody="ProjectUID='2ef1d826-e815-45fb-81cf-a5e64270387d'.        ForceFullSync='False'. SynchronizationType='Risks'" Error="RDS        failed while trying to sync one or more SP lists. The RDS queue message        will be retried."

• ReportingWSSSyncMessageFailed        <error        id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed"        uid="35fe468f-c9c7-45eb-80a6-6fa34f9b6f15"        JobUID="88e7d78e-c2d6-457b-9fe4-a00b7e0f96ca"        ComputerName="FL-JAX-PROJ-PA1"        GroupType="ReportingWSSSync"        MessageType="WSSSyncMessageEx" MessageId="1"        Stage="" />

</class>

</general>

</errinfo>

Suggestions?

Troubleshooting:

It is a well-known fact that deleting or changing fields in the Risks and Issues that are provisioned within the default Project Site template is a frequent cause of Queue errors such as the one above.

In my experience the fields that cannot be modified are:

• Assigned to
    • Status (the field name and drop      down values)
    • Title
    • Category (the field name only)

However in general it is better to err on the side of caution and don’t delete/change any of the default fields – instead they should be hidden. The exception to this rule is the “Links” field.  This field should not be hidden – as doing so will result in the same queue errors we are trying to avoid by hiding the fields in the first place.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

If you create a new test project with a default "Project Site" template - not your custom one, can normal (non admin) users successfully create / update risks and issues?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:21 PM
  • Paul,

I created a test project in PWA using the "Default Project site Template" and I'm not receiving the WSS error message. I would also like to note that the Risk appeared as it should on the user's homepage to prompt them to resolve the Risk.

We've been using the custom built sites for as long as I've been here.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:55 PM
  • Ok, it might be worth applying the changes to the Risk list (one by one) on that example test project site that works and see at what point it stops working for the users.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:06 AM