Outlook 2019 save attachments RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

I tested in my environment(Outlook 2019) and can successfully change the attachments save path. Please make sure you have followed the method in the article step by step.

1. Close your Outlook client.
    2. Press Windows key + R to open the run command then type regedit and press OK to open the Registry Editor.
    3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options.
    4. Right click on Options and create a new string value called DefaultPath.
    5. Type the path you want in the value of the DefaultPath.
    6. Waite a minutes, start your Outlook client and right click the attachments > Save as, then the default path should be changed.

(Important: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. )

Besides, if you'd like to directly save your attachments in your Onedrive. Just right click the attachments > Upload/Upload All Attachments.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Burak VAROL Monday, October 7, 2019 9:41 AM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 8:40 AM
  • Hello,

The above suggested method to save Outlook emails is a right way. Try it. Still if you have some problem while saving Outlook email attachments, follow the given blog.

Visit: https://www.systoolsgroup.com/updates/save-outlook-attachment-to-desktop-automatically/

Hope this may help you.
    Regards

Monday, October 7, 2019 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:32 AM