Opportunistic TLS between our Exchange 2010 SP3 on Premise (WIth Edge) and Exchange Online Protection. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We would like to configure Opportunistic TLS between our Exchange 2010 SP3 On Premise Systems (with Edge) and EOP.

I can see that Opportunist TLS is enabled on both the send and receive connectors in EOP. SO I think no change required here.

The On premise Send Connector (Configured by EdgeSync) does not have the option for Opportunistic TLS. Under "Configure Smart Host Authentication Settings" it is currently set to "None". I have the option for "Basic Authentication over TLS" but this requires a Username and Password. No option for Opportunistic TLS. When I look at the properties of the send connector (get-sendconnector "sendconnector_name" | fl) I can see that the IgnoreSTARTTLS parameter is set to FALSE - so I think that means it is enabled. So I think no changes required here- right?

The receive connector on the Edge Server has the TLS option on the Authentication tab - so I guess I just check that option right?

The Edge servers also run TMG and the two are integrated. I don't think this changes anything but thought I would include it in case it does.

Anything I have missed?

Thanks very much.

Geoff

ilmuro69

Friday, June 27, 2014 12:36 PM