Skype For Business Online to On-Prem Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an hybrid configuration of Skype For Business Online and Skype For Business 2015 On Prem.
    We started with an Online configuration, but all users are native from AD.

When trying to move a user from OnLine to On-Prem we don't get any error, but the user stay's online.

Command used:

Move-CsUser -Identity user@domain.com -target FEPool.domain.com -cred $creds -HostedMigrationOverreUrl https://admin0a.online.lync.com/hostedmigration/hostedmigrationservice.svc -Verbose

Important:

• If I create an user on prem, and migrate it to online it work fines. I can then also migrate the user from online to on-prem fine.
    • If I migrate an user from online to on-prem using the "-force ", the user is correctly migrated on-prem (with lost of contacts), but I can then move the user from on-prem to online (and back on-prem) without issue.

Both the user created (or migrated) add correctly to the "homed online" on Skype For Business dashboard. Other user just add to the cloud users.

We have a full dirsync (latest version) in place, which seem to work fine, we have also redone severa full syncs.
    The fact that using the -force works, and I can then migrate from and to online fine, makes me thing the setup is right.

After further analyses, I discovered that an user migrated with the "force" param, and then moved back to online has the following 2 values displayed with the get-csonlineuser:

HostingProvider        sipfed.online.lync.com
    OnPremHostingProvider   sipfed.online.lync.com

While the other users, which are online (and created using script on prem (with enable-csuser)) do not have those 2 parameters filled in.

Hoping anyone has an idea.
    Thank you.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you run the following command on your On-prem SFB server:

Get-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration | select allowoutsideusers, allowfederatedusers, usednssrvrouting, enablepartnerdiscovery

Then provide output here.

Connect to SFB Online powershell and run the following command:

Get-cstenantfederationconfiguration | select sharedsipaddressspace

Then provide output here

Can you also confirm that your URL is correct ? https://admin0a.online.lync.com/hostedmigration/hostedmigrationservice.svc

This can be confirmed by logging in to SFB online admin center.

Moving users back might take a while, also confirm in your tenant that there is no issue with SFB online status.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:55 PM
  • Hi Off2work.

Get-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration | select allowoutsideusers, allowfederatedusers, usednssrvrouting,
     enablepartnerdiscovery

AllowOutsideUsers   : True

AllowFederatedUsers : True

usednssrvrouting        

EnablePartnerDiscovery: True

You probably meant:

RoutingMethod : UseDnsSrvRouting

Get-cstenantfederationconfiguration | select sharedsipaddressspace

SharedSipAddressSpace : True

https://admin0a.online.lync.com/hostedmigration/hostedmigrationservice.svc

Confirmed:
    https://admin0a.online.lync.com/lscp/?language=en-US&tenantID=

As for the users, I waited for long time, been trying for past 3 days.

Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:32 PM
  • All seems ok, I recommend you create a case with Office365 support so they can investigate this. there are no SFB incident or alert in your Office365 admin portal?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:45 PM
  • Hi off2work,

Ok thank you for the feedback. There is currently some SFB alerts on Office 365 admin panel, but does not seems related. Also the issue was there last week, and at that time no alerts.

I'll have to follow your advise and create a support case, I fear.

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:34 PM
  • Deleted
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:37 AM
  • Agree with Shankar,

When your on-premise deployment is setup for Hybrid, as you probably know, the On-Premise control panel becomes authoritative. When users are already configured in On-Line prior to setting up Hybrid, the users are not known to the On-Premise services. It thus is necessary to "migrate" users to the Hybrid platform.

Usually this is done by

Enable-CsUser -Identity $UPN -SipAddress $SipAddress -HostingProviderProxyFqdn "sipfed.online.lync.com"

Notice the hostingproviderproxyfqdn you were missing before.

After doing this enable-csuser you will see all the On-Line users visible in the On-Premise Control Panel. Now you can proceed with the move command:-

Move-CsUser -Identity user@domain.com -target FEPool.domain.com -cred $creds -HostedMigrationOverreUrl https://admin0a.online.lync.com/hostedmigration/hostedmigrationservice.svc -Verbose
    Hope that clarifies the process a bit.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click Vote As Helpful; and if it answered your question, please click Mark As Answer

UC Sorted

Monday, June 27, 2016 2:32 AM
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunatly, I already did that step long ago.
    All the users shows in the on-prem control panel fine.

Even more crazy is that those users can log in fine... so they reach the on-prem, get redirected to the O365 nicely. All is working.

Even more crazy is that I got hybrid voice working for all users... even the users online use the on-prem voice fine.

I had to enable voice for them both online and on-prem for this

On Prem:

Import-Module ActiveDirectory

$UserList  = import-csv C:\temp\users.csv

foreach ($user in $UserList) {

$UserDN = $user.Gebruiker
    $UserNummer = "+" + $user.Nummer
    $UserUri = "tel:" + $UserNummer

$UserSam = get-aduser -filter {name -eq $UserDN} | Select SamAccountName

Set-csuser $UserSam.SamAccountName -LineUri $UserUri -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true

#Code om in AD de phone nummer toe te voegen

Set-ADUser $UserSam.SamAccountName -OfficePhone $UserNummer

Enablement Lync online:

set-csuser xxx -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -OnPremLineURI tel:+1xxxxxxx -HostedVoiceMail $true

And of course I made the dialplans/voice policy

Note with the above Hybrid voice works perfectly without ever having had to move the users from Online to On-Prem first.

But now I need to create RGS, and I need some of those users on-prem, but I still have the error mentioned in my first post.

• Edited by JoiNto Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:59 AM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:53 AM
  • I wanted to share with you that this has now been resolved.
    Big kudos to the Microsoft Office 365 support team which spent many hours with me to review everything.

At the end the issue was resolved by completely removing the ADSync software and reinstall a clean and new version with the express settings.

What we noticed after this on the office 365 portal is that the amount of "User in Cloud" drastically reduced and those user became "User Synced and Homed Online".

From that point any online to on-prem migration went flawelessly.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:35 AM