Receive Connector to Authenticate specific users RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to allow some users send mails using a specific receive connector...If i select Exchange Users, all users can send mail from this connector...
    Monday, September 21, 2015 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When Exchange receives an email, it'll select a receive connector to use for the connection. The selection is based on the below:

1. Listening IP of the receive connector. You can add an additional IP to Exchange and configure clients to relay email through this IP. 
    2. Client IP address. You can set the IP range on the receive connectors and the most specific receive connector will be used.
    3. Server port number. You can configure a new receive connector on a different port.

Using this knowledge, you can configure the server and client to use a particular receive connector and from there you can add the ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient permissions to the correct group to allow them to send email to any recipient.

If you just need this group of users to send email to addresses within the organization then there is no need to set up a new receive connector and they can submit email to the default receive connector which should be set to accept anonymous emails. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks.

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, October 9, 2015 2:31 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2015 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi 

As far my knowledge is concerned its not possible to scope a receive connector to specific users or group of users.

Can we know the reason behind this requirement so we can look for some other alternatives

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Monday, September 21, 2015 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

When Exchange receives an email, it'll select a receive connector to use for the connection. The selection is based on the below:

1. Listening IP of the receive connector. You can add an additional IP to Exchange and configure clients to relay email through this IP. 
    2. Client IP address. You can set the IP range on the receive connectors and the most specific receive connector will be used.
    3. Server port number. You can configure a new receive connector on a different port.

Using this knowledge, you can configure the server and client to use a particular receive connector and from there you can add the ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient permissions to the correct group to allow them to send email to any recipient.

If you just need this group of users to send email to addresses within the organization then there is no need to set up a new receive connector and they can submit email to the default receive connector which should be set to accept anonymous emails. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks.

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, October 9, 2015 2:31 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2015 3:49 PM