none
Some user not available in GAL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In our organization, some of the users are not available in OAB. Those are not new users. Below are the basic checks which I had done:

1. PrimarySMTPaddress and WindowsEmailAddress are same.

2. User available in address lists - {\Default Global Address List, \All Users, \temp}.

3. Updated OAB.

4. Checked in both online and offline GAL.

No Luck. Anything else I can check? One odd thing i can see for these users is their symbol in address preview list is showing little different than the other users who are appearing in GAL. Attaching the screen shot of it with the user highlighted.

Please let me know if someone knows fix for this.

Thanks, Arun

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you recently made any changes on the problematic users?

Generally,if the SMTP address attribute of the user object is corrupt, the issue may occur.

You can re-enter that attribute manually,then open EMC, drill down to Organization Configuration, click on Mailbox, then click on Offline Address Book tab, right click on the Offline Address List, then click on update OAB.

You can refer to the following article:

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-recipient-appearing-offline-address-book/

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,                                                                           

David

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

David Wang_
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by David Wang_ Friday, August 5, 2016 6:34 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:30 AM