none
Project Server 2013: Timesheet Managers Reverting to Self-Approving RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We've had a few infrequent occasions where a resource's timesheet manager has suddenly been replaced by the resource themselves, making them self approving.

However, the resource is not added to the Timesheet Manager's list, nor down as a Resource Manager in the permissions group.

Anyone explain how/why this happens?

Thanks

Friday, November 13, 2015 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

By default when you create a user, he/she becomes the timesheet approver by default. In this situation the user does not need to be in time sheet approvers list. 

If only time-sheet manager name is removed and made blank that will not help. Field needs to have some value. When you assign an actual timesheet manager in the field, in that case the time-sheet manager needs to have time-sheet approving authority. to 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, November 15, 2015 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I'm aware of the above.  What I'm asking is why/how a resource suddenly becomes self-approving....with their previous timesheet manager removed for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Monday, November 16, 2015 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

It does not happen on it own unless the filed of timesheet manger is cleared and save it clicked. I would suggest keep 5 resources as sample to observe this and see if this is occuring to them after initially making all info accurate. It does not happen on it own as I know. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:37 AM