scanner in sharp AM-900 multifuncional system not working RRS feed

• Question

• My scanner in a sharp AM-900 digital multifunctional system does not work. I checked out with driver detective software, it shows AM Printer checked as working alright, but no info on the scanner part. The control panel scanner box does not show a scanner while it does show AM-900, but it would not work. I have googled for vista driver scanner upgrade, but no positive results. Anyone has any idea if there's a solution to it???

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi, Thank you for your quick response and effort. It did not solve the problem. I ran it, but nothing happened.

I received an answer from Sharp Electronics and they say that there's no vista upgrade for such model. But thanks any way.

valdes

Friday, June 20, 2008 10:32 PM

All replies

•  

Hi, this is the only driver for AM-900 I have found on Sharp's official site. You can install it and check if the issue is resolved:

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/downloadFile/?fSpec=/files/cop_soft_soho_am900.exe

Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

Hope this helps!

Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:55 AM
  • Hi, Thank you for your quick response and effort. It did not solve the problem. I ran it, but nothing happened.

I received an answer from Sharp Electronics and they say that there's no vista upgrade for such model. But thanks any way.

valdes

Friday, June 20, 2008 10:32 PM
  • Hi. I just spent a lot of the day trying to download the driver onto my laptop, running on Vista. I found the driver downloads, but none were compatible with Vista, only XP. After becoming completely aggravated, I called Sharp's Customer Support, who by the way, were exceptionally nice and accommodating. The gentleman I spoke with walked me through the installation and I was able to get my printer to work (AM-900). Although, he did warn me that some people were not able to get their printers to work with the same directions. Since Vista has an option in properties to run the driver compatible in XP, you have a chance of getting it to work. The directions he gave me are as follows:

1. After downloading the driver, go to the folder where your downloads are located, and right click on: cop_soft_soho_am900.exe

2. Click on Compatibility and checkmark: Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

3. Click Apply, then Ok

4. Double click on cop_soft_soho_am900.exe in the download folder

5. The option to unzip the application should pop up. Click on Browse and double click on your desktop. Then you should see something like: C:\Users\user\Desktop

6. In the same box type: \am900; SO it should now say: C:\Users\user\Desktop\am900; This will save the extracted files onto your desktop in a folder named am900.

7. Go to your desktop and double click on am900. In the browser, you should see a file named Setup.exe. Double click on it, which will take you through the setup and installation of the files. When completed, click on finish. Then hook up your USB Cable, attached to your printer directly to your port on your computer.

8. When the setup menu is gone, click on your Start button, then Control Panel, then Printers. If you see Sharp AM-900 as a printer, right click on it and click properties. The menu will come up and check Print a Test Page.

9. If your page prints - you are GOOD!!! If not, then your best bet is to call Sharps Customer Support!!! Smile
    Monday, August 11, 2008 9:32 PM