none
Imported Subprojects Do Not appear in Sharepoint After Sync to Task Lists RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

As a test I created a project with a number of sub projects to cover different phases of the main project. This project cannot be synched to sharepoint.

A project containing a single task list can be synched. This is how I verified that there were no user privilege issues with the transfer.

Synching to a sharepoint task list works fine as long as there are no subordinate projects within that task list.

Is this a normal limitation of the sharepoint 2010 task list object?

Thanks

X

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 10:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I did a look around for you and found the following tread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/thread/249279da-8bed-4ae9-a341-76e101433e5a/

It seem you can only sync the master project. You will need to do the subprojects individually.

So to answer your question: Yes it seems this is a normal limitation.

Hope it helps.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Thanks Robin.

I wonder if the Sharepoint object will be updated at some point to allow sub tasks.

I think the MS Project object should also be renovated to remove the need for a separate

file for each sub project.  The objects are linked lists so it's just a matter of adding a pointer

or reference to the object 'projects'  and naming it 'children' , and likewise a point/reference

called 'parent' .

That would distinguish sub-projects from 'predecessor/successor'.

I will look at the sharepoint API to see if the object model for the  project task list could be extended

or duplicated. Then we could all just point our complex MS project task lists at a single list.

Best Regards,

P

X

Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:58 PM