none
ADFS windows service not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am new guy to ADFS. I am trying to work on a sample which uses Stand-alone federation server. When I try to complete tasks in AD FS 2.0 Federation Server Configuration Wizard  at the final screen im getting a error like "error occured while starting the AD FS 2.0 windows service" I have checked my Application logs in event manager. they are.

1. The Federation Service configuration could not be loaded correctly from the AD FS configuration database.

Additional Data
    Error: 
    There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:808.  Make sure that you are not trying to use this endpoint multiple times in your application and that there are no other applications listening on this endpoint.

2. There was an error in enabling endpoints of Federation Service. Fix configuration errors using PowerShell cmdlets and restart the Federation Service.

Additional Data
    Exception details:
    System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:808.  Make sure that you are not trying to use this endpoint multiple times in your application and that there are no other applications listening on this endpoint. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionListener.Listen()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnectionListener.Listen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionAcceptor.StartAccepting()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionDemuxer.StartDemuxing(OnViaDelegate viaDelegate)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ExclusiveTcpTransportManager.OnOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionOrientedTransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TcpChannelListener`2.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.SecurityTokenService.ServiceHostManager.Open(ServiceHostEntry entry)
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.SecurityTokenService.ServiceHostManager.Open()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.SecurityTokenService.STSService.StartAdministrationService()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.SecurityTokenService.STSService.OnStartInternal(Boolean requestAdditionalTime)

3. The Federation Service configuration service could not be opened.

Additional Data
    Exception details:
    System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:808.  Make sure that you are not trying to use this endpoint multiple times in your application and that there are no other applications listening on this endpoint. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnectionListener.Listen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionAcceptor.StartAccepting()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionDemuxer.StartDemuxing(OnViaDelegate viaDelegate)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ExclusiveTcpTransportManager.OnOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionOrientedTransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TcpChannelListener`2.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.SecurityTokenService.ServiceHostManager.Open(ServiceHostEntry entry)

I have tried to start the service manuallly from services.msc  even then i see the above error log.

Can any one help me in getting rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance

B.S.P. Srinivas

Monday, April 5, 2010 9:27 AM

Answers

All replies