none
YAhoo and Hotmail failing to be delivered Just queuing up

Question

• Dear  All,

am stuck here, my exchange server cant send emails to yahoo or Hotmail but is bale to send to other domains, am able to telnet to Gmail, but cant telnet to yahoo. from the client side am able to telnet yahoo in the same network. what could be preventing this,

I have tried disabling windows firewall but not joy.

thanks in advance

Monday, March 27, 2017 9:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand the messages are stucking in the queue, try to run the following command to get the detailed error:

Get-Queue | fl *identity*,*hop*,*count*,LastError

As you can send emails to other domain except Yahoo and Hotmail, you can check if your domain/ ip is on blacklist here: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:02 AM
  • Hi David,

the Blacklist result is as below. everything up there are showing OK. I will give you the result of the first command shortly.

• Edited by Michael293 Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:28 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:26 AM
  • Dear David,

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Queue | fl *identity*,*hop*,*count*,LastError

Identity         : MX3\21229
    NextHopDomain    : yahoo.com
    NextHopConnector : 1a6e861d-e947-41e8-bc21-5a39808a9a41
    MessageCount     : 3
    LastError        :

Thats the message am getting, these three email were sent midnight..

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Dear All,

I am still stuck with this, i have enabled protocol logging and am getting this error on the queues

Failed to connect. Error Code: 10060, Error Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 63.250.192.45:25"

My other obsevation is that the email after taking that match long in the queue it is eventually delivered,

an example is the email that was sent 8:23am got out and recieved 12:09pm

There could be something that is blocking the emails, have tried disabling windows firewall but still same thing.

Your help is greatly appreciated as usual..

• Edited by Michael293 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean the email is eventually delivered?

If the email has the long latency, try to analysis the message tracking log and find the root cause.

We can run the following command:

Get-Messagetrackinglog -sender test@domain.com -MessageSubject "Email Subject"|fl

Best Regards,
    David Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Hello David,

Yes, I was getting the email after about 6hours, the funny part is that when i change the IP address of the mail server am able to telnet to Yahoo, and also my other domain controllers in the same subnet are able to telnet to yahoo mail server. but with my curent IP address am not able to telnet to yahoo mail servers.

Will use the command you have provided above and give you feedback.

Regards

Michael

Monday, April 3, 2017 12:41 AM
  • Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    David Wang

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:46 AM