drafts RRS feed

• Question

• According both to my memory and the "draft" heading, I have a number of drafts in the system.  When I click on "drafts", I get a screen that shows a few of the saved drafts or a blank screen that doesn't show any drafts. 

How can I find these drafts?

Friday, October 7, 2011 5:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, please try the following methods:

Try to work with Outlook 2010 safe mode:

1.Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.

2.Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the name of the Microsoft Outlook 2010.

To create a new .ost file.

1.Close Outlook.

2.Locate to:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

3. Right-click the .ost file, and then click Rename. Rename the file by using a different file name extension, such as an .old file name extension instead of the .ost file name extension.

4. Start Outlook

Please repair the Office program.

For Office 2010 then restart pc:

1.Click Start, then click Control Panel.

2.Click Programs and Features.

3.Click the Office 2010 program that you want to repair, then click Change.

4.Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

Repair Outlook Data Files

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview14.aspx?AssetId=HA010354964&lcid=1033&NS=OUTLOOK&Version=14&tl=2&respos=0&CTT=1&queryid=b4c1efde%2De1ea%2D4355%2Db702%2D5fab4050b0a2

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Monday, October 17, 2011 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:52 AM

All replies

• Looks like file corruption to me...

What type of email account do you have? (Exchange, POP, IMAP)

Friday, October 7, 2011 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, please try the following methods:

Try to work with Outlook 2010 safe mode:

1.Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.

2.Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the name of the Microsoft Outlook 2010.

To create a new .ost file.

1.Close Outlook.

2.Locate to:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

3. Right-click the .ost file, and then click Rename. Rename the file by using a different file name extension, such as an .old file name extension instead of the .ost file name extension.

4. Start Outlook

Please repair the Office program.

For Office 2010 then restart pc:

1.Click Start, then click Control Panel.

2.Click Programs and Features.

3.Click the Office 2010 program that you want to repair, then click Change.

4.Click Repair, then click Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

Repair Outlook Data Files

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview14.aspx?AssetId=HA010354964&lcid=1033&NS=OUTLOOK&Version=14&tl=2&respos=0&CTT=1&queryid=b4c1efde%2De1ea%2D4355%2Db702%2D5fab4050b0a2

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Monday, October 17, 2011 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:52 AM